Jobs in Jamnagar, Gujarat: 26 Job Openings
Jamnagar: Economy and Job Market
Jamnagar is in Western India. The city is a coastal city and is in Gujarat state. Considered the fifth largest city in the state, there are over 600,000 residents in the city as of the 2011 census. The city’s modern look is attributed to Jam Saheb Shri Ranjitsinhji, who started the city’s restructuring in the 1920s. The city was initially established in 1540 AD. This was a time when the city was known as the “Brass City.” At the height of the city’s brass boom, there were 5,000 – 10,000 workshops working on brass items. The city is now home to the world’s largest oil refinery. The Jamnagar Refinery is owned by Reliance Industries Limited and has a 661,000 barrel per day capacity. An expansion of the refinery has been commissioned to expand to 1.2 million barrels per day. The oil industry is one of the city’s biggest employers. There are also many jobs found in the Armed Forces, Bauxite Mines and Port. The clothing industry is booming, too. The city’s sole airport has one direct flight to Mumbai. There is a railway station that is also present in the city.
Economic Outlook and Recent Jobs in Jamnagar
There are thousands of positions open in Jamnagar, and the salaries is great. The most recent postings include:
- Junior Sales Executive: A junior position that is great for the up-and-coming sales exec. This position pays 7,000 – 12,000 Rs per month.
- Manager: Airtel is looking for a manager to be able to effectively manage the company’s store operations. The position does require experience, and the salary is 10,000 – 25,000 Rs.
- Executive Chef: A top chef for a high-end client base can apply for the position of executive chef. This position pays 400,000 – 500,000 INR per year.
- Lead Engineer: HSE Engineers are in high demand in the oil and gas industry. This is a position that will require the worker to be an integral part of health and safety. The right applicant will work at the refinery and be paid 10 – 20 Lakh per year based on experience.
The expanding oil industry and port allow Jamnagar to be able to flourish. The city is home to many technical positions, too. There is also a demand for web designers and system administrators.
Receive vacancies by mail
New vacancies appear daily, subscribe to be the first. Just enter your Personal Account and choose the subscriptions that interest you!
The average salary in Jamnagar is 13,482 INR that is 10% less than the average for India - 14,936 INRDetailed statistics of salaries in Jamnagar
Find a Vacancy in Jamnagar With JobTonic.in
Job Tonic has jobs that no other search site offers. We gather jobs from across the world’s leading job search sites so that you have access to the most complete listing of jobs in India. Start with our free resume builder, which will help you get your resume ready for potential employers.
You’ll also be able to sign up to gain access to:
- Easy submission of your resume
- Favorite and save listings
- Share listings
- Receive new job alerts in your email
When looking through the current job openings in Jamnagar, you can also use our advanced search filters to be able to narrow down your search results to just the jobs that match your specifications. It’s the fast and easy way to find the latest jobs in Jamnagar.
Selected filters:Jamnagar Reset all filters