Panaji: One of the Smallest Capitals in India
Panaji is a city located in the state of Goa and is the capital of the state. The metropolitan region of the city is home to 114,000+ residents. Terraced hills safeguard the city from floods, and the city is the first in India to follow a grid system. The literacy rate reached 90.9% in 2011, making the city above average in terms of literacy compared to the national average. Featuring a tropical monsoon climate, the summer season is hot and the winter months are often hot, too. Dabolim Airport is 30 kilometers from the city and is the closest airport. The city overlooks the Mandovi River which is a major tourist spot. There are floating casinos on the water as well as cruises that are available every day to show tourists around the capital. This is one of the smallest capitals in India, and the churches are a hotspot for tourists. Many of the churches are lost-in-time. Backstreet bars offer a chance to mingle with locals, malls are filled with shopping opportunities, and there are many art boutiques in the city to enjoy. The Latin Quarter is a must-see due to its Portuguese influence.
The Latest Jobs in Panaji
Panaji has hundreds of new jobs available every week. The thriving city benefits from a warmer climate, and there are ample full-time positions available. A few of the most recent jobs in Panaji are:
- EDP Executive – a desktop publishing position has opened for an educational company that pays 20,000 – 25,000 INR per month.
- Restaurant Hostess – a new position in Panaji has opened for a restaurant hostess. This position pays a salary of 1.5 Lakh per year.
- Accountant – a restaurant has posted a new position for a qualified accountant that will work on the company’s finances. This position pays 2.0 Lakh per year.
- Counter Manager – a position as a counter manager at a hospital pharmacy has opened up with a salary of 12,000 – 15,000 Rs per month.
- Interior Designer – a high-end interior designer position has opened up in recent weeks that pays 16 – 19 Lakh per year. This is a management position.
The companies with the most positions open fall into the following sectors:
- Human resources
- Life insurance
The pharmaceutical industry has numerous positions open from managers in quality control to counter managers. This is a thriving and growing field.