Gwalior’s Job Market Explored
Gwalior is located in Madhya Pradesh, and its population in 2011 was 1.1 million people. Based off of the city’s average growth rate, the population is estimated to be 1.27 million people in 2016, but this is not an official number under the census, as is the case for 2011. The city was one of the major areas of rebellion in the 1857 uprising in the country.
The WHO s the city as the second most polluted in the world for air pollution, and is the most polluted city in India. Despite its pollution problems, there are numerous recent jobs in Gwalior available to the right candidate.
The Economy and Latest Jobs in Gwalior
Gwalior is an important city, and the most prominent industries are:
- Agriculture: The city is known for its agriculture, and deals primarily with processing and packaging. The grain processing in the city is popular, and fruit growers can be found growing mango, papaya and guava, among many other fruits.
- Leather Processing: The leather processing industry is an important contributor to the local economy.
- Mining: The mineral and mining industry in the city is huge. Marble, fire clay and limestone are all important in the country’s mineral production. Many cities in the region will also ship their minerals to Gwalior to have them processed.
Manufacturing in the city is robust, and many jobs will be found in the manufacturing industry. Tourism is robust in the city, and this allows for many lively markets that include:
- Maharaj Bada
- Ghas Mandi
- Loha Mandi
During the second week of January, people will start to prepare for the Gwalior trade fair, which is one of the largest and most colorful in all of India. Current job openings in Gwalior include:
- HR Manager: A placement company is looking for an HR manager to fill a variety of positions. This position pays 1.5 Lakh per year.
- Sales Officer: Are you good in sales? There is a position open for an electronics company that is paying a salary of 1 Lakh to employees who want to help boost their sales.
- Senior Manager: A pharma company is willing to pay a senior manager in the company’s production division a salary of 10 – 20 Lakh per year. This high-end position is available to experienced applicants.
And these are just a few of the countless jobs available in the city.